Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The cold weather has arrived!!

This morning I woke up to 39 degree weather. Now, I know for some of you that's NOTHING, but after living in Texas for four years I've truly become a wuss when it comes to cold weather. I absolutely love fall and cold weather clothes, but when it comes close to freezing temps, I'm done. To top things off, on the coldest night of the season so far, our heater went out. The nerve, right?!! I was so cold this morning...I literally had to drag myself out of my warm bed. The good news is that the heater is fixed...thank heavens. For that I am truly grateful!!

To fight off the cold temps today I brought out some boots again. I want nothing more than a warm sweater over a layer or two and boots when it's cold out...it's my typical go-to shoe in the fall/winter so you'll be seeing it a lot. Today's version went a little something like this (please excuse the blurry spot...I realized after I took pictures that there was a smudge on the camera lens):



Details:
-Striped Layered Tank-Nordstrom
-Forever Cardigan-J Crew Outlet
-Skinny Cargos-Old Navy
-Boots-Urban Outfitters
-Necklace/Earrings-Pac Sun
-Ring-Forever 21

I just realized I didn't post a few of the outfits I wore over the weekend so here's a little re-cap...

Thanksgiving Day:



Details:
-Winding Road Tank-Anthropologie
-Cardigan-Old Navy
-Skinny Jeans-American Eagle
-Rocketdog Flats-Macy's
-Necklace-Lisa Leonard Designs
-Bracelet-given to me from my grandma (family piece)
-Earrings-American Eagle
-Ring-OLD

Saturday (better known as Black Friday hangover day):



Details:
-Ruffle Bottom Tanks-J Crew
-Neapolitan Cardigan-J Crew
-Skinny Jeans-American Eagle
-Open Toe Brown Flats-Target
-Necklace-J Crew Outlet
-Earrings-Kenneth Cole (via Macy's)
-Bracelet-Twisted Silver (gifted from my friend Elise)
-Ring-Forever 21

Well, I'm off to watch a little TV before heading to bed early...I'm tired tonight. Hope you all had a great day!

12 comments:

  1. accck - all 3 of these outfits are so primo! Love them all Jenni. You are really on a roll - those Anthro reviews and now 3 more great combos. We need to get together some time. We need to organize a Bay Area Blogger get-together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eek -- glad your heater is fixed! But I love how you're wearing the boots; they are the perfect shade of brown for the olive and light pink tones you're wearing. And your two catch-up outfits are super cute as well. I especially love the look with the gray and yellow sweater. I own it as well, and it's one of my all-time favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love that Forever cardi from the outlet - the longer length looks so cozy! Glad your heater is fixed - brrrr!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenni, loving all your looks. I just scored the Neopolitan cardi on ebay for $35!! Woo hoo. And, I am loving that Old Navy cardi. When were those sold? I missed those! I have my boots on today in honor of you and all the bloggers. I don't know how I lived without them before.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in love with your striped Nordstrom tank, especially paired with that cardigan. You look great. I'm a layers + boots kind of gal too. Can't go wrong there!!!

    Leaving the House in THIS?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I lvoe all your variations of the cardi and tank look - It's definitely my uniform!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jenni you always look so cute and put together! What I want to know is where is your BYU shirt on Sat?:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. A broken heater, Aack! Glad it's fixed now. I really love that first outfit, that tank is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I cannot imagine the heater going out. Fixed is good! I love your T-day outfit. I really like those colors. This weather has got me, too. I don't know how the girls in cold weather do skirts. I have to have cords or jeans on.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the pink and green combo! I also love the bright yellow in your Old Navy cardi!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always love seeing the Neapolitan on you! And love the combination of colors in outfit one - you look great in it!
    http://www.ingredientsforstyle.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your collection of cardigans, Jenni. I love all 3 above, especially that beautiful floral yellow one from Old Navy which looks like it comes from Anthro. 3 real cute & casual outfits: my fave is the middle outfit of course. Beautiful combo of that adorable ruffled yellow top with the super-cute yellow/gray cardi.

    ReplyDelete