Saturday, January 29, 2011

Saturday Adventures

Remember how I planned on staying in my pj's all day today? Well, that didn't happen! I woke up, went for a run in the freezing cold, showered and got ready for the day and then my husband and I loaded the kids into the car and headed out. We had no plan...we just decided to come up with a plan as we went. We ended up heading toward San Francisco. Along the way we found a Chuck-E-Cheese. My kids were in heaven when we decided to pull off the freeway and go in. It was busy, but it didn't matter..the boys loved it. I have to say, it was the biggest Chuck-E-Cheese I'd ever seen. The one that's closer to where we live is much smaller and not kept up as well so it was nice to find one that was a little nicer.

After we spent like 100 tokens we hopped back in the car and decided to keep going towards the city...over the Bay Bridge we went. We settled on having an early dinner at Buca di Beppo...LOVE that place! We got right in because it was early and had a great meal. Since we were in the city I couldn't help myself and told my husband if he really loved me he'd take me to Bi-Rite Creamery for dessert. Have you ever been there? No? Well, if you ever go to San Francisco you MUST GO!! Seriously, it's the best ice cream place I have ever been to and ever since having their ice cream I no longer fully enjoy anything else (I still love fro-yo and gelato but Dreyer's ice cream from the store is now not quite as appealing as it used to be). Anyhow, thankfully my husband has a soft spot for good ice cream (and me...he better!) and away we went. I got my favorite...the Vanilla with Peanut Brittle and Milk Chocolate Pieces. Oh my gosh, it's heavenly! In the words of Rachel Zoe (this is a fashion blog, after all), I die. It was the perfect way to end our day. After our bellies were full it was time to head home. It was a really fun, spontaneous day.

I did end up getting dressed today since we decided to head out...nothing too dressy though. This is my version of Saturday casual:



Details:
-Floral Frappe Top-Anthropologie (January 2011 purchase)
-Boyfriend Cardigan-Gap Outlet (Winter 2010)
-Skinny Jeans-Banana Republic
-Metallic City Flats-Gap (Fall 2010)
-Necklace-OLD
-Ring-American Eagle
-Earrings-Express

Hope you all had a great Saturday!

7 comments:

  1. soooo fun! I can't believe you went to Bi-Rite! So yummy I hear - my friend talks about it all the time. I went for a 6 mile bike ride in the rain and cold! Brrr. What a change from a few days ago eh?? You look great for a Saturday in the city!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your Saturday outfit! That pop of purple is gorgeous along with the metallic flats. What a super fun day you and your family had! You just reminded me of this ice-cream place in NY, right in the middle of Times Sqaure, with the most amazing delicious icream ever! I share the same exact feelings for ice-cream from that place, so I could totally relate. These days, going into Manhattan without stopping by there actually ruins my whole outing, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How far away are your from San Fran? I have always wanted to go!! Maybe this Fall. What a fun day you had and you look amazing as you always do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Peggy-You have to go to Bi-Rite! We've been about 3 times now and I always leave wanting more! =)

    Fatima-Totally understand! =)

    Molly-We only live about 45 minutes away from the city...I love living so close! If you can evr make it out you should...it's a really fun place!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The color of that cardi is really pretty...and Chuckie Cheese..how fun! I used to love that place :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So fun - what a great family day, and you looked adorable for your afternoon out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like such a fun day...love being spontaneous!

    ReplyDelete