Thursday, February 16, 2012

Alma Mater colors


Have you all come down from your sugar highs yet from Valentine's Day?  I'm working on it.  The left-over cookies and candy are going to find themselves in the trash can pretty soon...they're all too tempting!  I was a good girl and hit the gym this morning though, and plan to hop on the treadmill tomorrow morning to off-set all the extra calories.  It was worth it though...it's kinda fun to throw caution to the wind and enjoy every sugary sweet you see once a year (ok, like 5 times a year...every holiday seems to involve sugary sweets).

So I have a question for you...are there color combinations that you avoid?  Why do you avoid them?  Are you just not sure you like them together?  Or do they remind you of something you don't like?  Do you feel awkward wearing them?  There is one color combination I tend not to wear very often, and it's one that I actually like, truth be told.  I think I overdid it in high school though so I tend to avoid it now:


Blue & Gold



I got brave and gave it a go:


What I Wore:
-Muse Tank-J Crew
-Anza Cardigan-Anthropologie
-Ultimate Skinny Jeans-Banana Republic
-Miz Mooz "Siri" Knee-high Boots-Endless
-Costa Collection Necklace-Anthropologie (gift)
-Earrings-Francesca's Collections
-Ring-Target

I was a cheerleader in high school my sophomore, junior and senior years.  I was even head cheerleader my senior year (no, I didn't date the quarterback, but funny enough he was actually my 4th grade "boyfriend").  Anyways, as you probably know, when you're a cheerleader you wear your school colors quite often.  Like, all the time.  Several times a week (think "Glee").  My school colors were blue and gold.  Every time I think about pairing these two colors together I think of my cheerleading uniform and my high school years.  Don't get me wrong, I LOVED high school (I really did actually...no joke) but I feel like I'm transporting myself back to my crazy teen years when I see these two colors together.  I'm not quite sure why, but I have, for the most part, chosen not to wear these two colors together very often, and it's a shame!   It's almost like I think they're off limits because that phase of life has long been over.  So, I've decided to call it truths and make peace with the fact that these two colors are just too cute together to avoid any longer.  It's back to blue and gold I say!

Stay tuned for some Anthropologie fitting room reviews (hopefully by Friday).  I want to get them posted for you before I head out to Anthro again this weekend to try on some more fun things when I go to do a return.  Can't wait!  My "want to try on" list is pretty long right now so hopefully I can find quite a few of them while I'm there (sans kids this time...heaven)!

Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Too funny! My school colors were black and blue- and I used to feel the same way wearing them. Finally I realized no one in my adult life knows what my school colors were (or cares!) and now I wear them all the time.
    I love this color combo on you- you look great!

    ReplyDelete