Friday, April 22, 2016

FRIDAY FIVE

TGIF! Bring on the weekend!!  

First up, five of my favorite things from the week!

One: Lace-Up Tee
TOP: Nordstrom // JEANS: Nordstrom // SANDALS: Hinge // PURSE: Rebecca Minkoff (similar) // SUNGLASSES: Coach (similar) // NECKLACE: Baublebar // EARRINGS: Gorjana

I love the lace-up trend we're seeing this season...such a cute detail! When I was in Nordstrom a few weeks ago to return a few things THIS TOP caught my eye...it comes in multiple colors but this  coral color was my fave! It runs true to size but has a little bit of an oversized fit, I went with an X-Small. Just a great, affordable top for spring!

Two: Flats+Platforms=Flatforms!

So a little back story...I've been battling an injured hip/back for a while now and was told to try to wear flats instead of any type of heels for a few weeks. Say what?! But I LOVE heels!!! The one thing I don't love about flats is the fact that you loose the height...and since I have shorter legs I can use all the height I can get! Enter flatforms...these are the perfect solution! I still get the height I'm looking for but my feet still remain flat, alleviating any pressure on my back that heels may cause. Genius! THESE FLATFORMS by Franco Sarto are a dream! So comfortable and they come in 7 different colors. The metallics were calling my name! Size down in these, I usually wear an 8.5 but went with an 8.  You can bet these will be on repeat all spring and summer long! 

Three: Piper Street "Emrie" Dress, Three Ways
Left: DRESS: Piper Street  // SANDALS: Piper Street // BAG: Rebecca Minkoff (similar--slightly lighter yellow) // NECKLACE: Baublebar // EARRINGS: Kendra Scott // SUNGLASSES: Nordstrom
Center: DRESS: Piper Street // CARDIGAN: Piper Street // SANDALS: Hinge // PURSE: Tory Burch // NECKLACE: Piper Street 
Right: DRESS: Piper Street // PLAID SHIRT: Piper Street // SHOES: Converse // NECKLACE: Baublebar (similar) // SUNGLASSES: Nordstrom

A midi-dress that isn't clingy and feels like pj's while looking totally put together? Sign me up! The "EMRIE DRESS" is perfection! Check out the BLOG POST I put together over at PIPER STREET showing how to style this cute dress three ways. I always say you should know how to style something three ways to make it a worth-while purchase!!

Four: Carina Gardner "Audrey" Tunic
TUNIC: Carina Gardner Designs // JEANS: Piper Street // SHOES: BP // BAG: Piper Street // NECKLACE: Piper Street // SUNGLASSES: Coach (similar)

A long, long time ago I went to college at BYU. My freshmen year in the dorms I met a girl named Carina and we became fast friends and later, roommates! Here we are almost 20 years later still in touch and I couldn't be more proud of her...she is a creativity queen! She owns and runs her site, www.carinagardner.com where she designs and sells fabric, sewing patterns, quilting patterns, scrapbooking paper and supplies, etc...she is such a talent and honestly one of the kindest, most down to earth people you'll ever meet! She recently released her first set of clothing patterns and even some finished clothing items and I was lucky enough to get my hands on her finished "Audrey" tunic. This top is AWESOME! I absolutely love the simplicity, yet totally chic look. If you sew, quilt or scrapbook you should definitely be following her...catch her on Instagram at @carinagardner ! She's offering our Piper Street customers 20% off all "Audrey" collection patterns and finished tunics with code PIPER20 so head over to grab your own HERE!

Five: Red Vines Twistettes

I LOVE red vines so when I saw these new RED VINES TWISTETTES at Target the other night I got all weak in the knees! Why are things in a miniature version so eye catching and cute?!? These are the perfect movie night snack and taste every bit as good as the original red vines. Be warned, one handful will never be enough!!

Hope you have a great weekend!

xoxo,
Jenni

2 comments: